Forum Thread: Installing Themes

I'm running the FreeSG3 rom for Sprint and while I like it, the stock look is getting a little boring. I see themes on the Play store but they're mainly for CM or launchers.

Are there other themes I can install that work system wide?

2 Responses

There are a lot of ways to theme your device. Most of the time, someone creates a theme and you just flash it. For that, simply google the rom you use "+ theme" and that should get you going.

Recently, a team of themers came together and created Morphology. It's definitely a new way of installing themes, and I'm finding it hard to go back to the old way.

Morphology lets you theme every aspect of the phone independently, or install a pre packaged theme if you prefer. It does this by using Aroma Installer which you run through recovery.

Make sure to read the instructions, but the gist of it is as follows:

• Make a nandroid
  • Flash custom system ui
  • Reboot into recovery
  • Flash Morphology
  • Reboot phone

Image Previews

Previews for Pre Assembled Themes *This links to the Sprint thread, but this set of themes is available for all major carriers.

Morphology for AT&T, Rogers, Bell, Telus

Morphology for Sprint

Morphology for T-Mobile, Wind, Moblicity, Videotron

They are working on a version for Verizon.

And FYI Scott, because of the rom you're running (FreeSG3), you don't have to install the initial SystemUI file, it's built in (though there is no harm in doing so).

Also, for anyone on Sprint, the Morphology team built a pretty solid rom with the theming options built in. Check it out here.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active