The Android 4.4.2 KitKat update is available via firmware upgrade for the international GT-N7100 variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, about a month after we saw its first leak.
The update is available via Kies in France, with and OTA update soon to follow. Details courtesy of SamMobile are as follows:
- Model: GT-N7100
- Model name: GALAXY Note II
- Country: France
- Version: Android 4.4.2
- Changelist: 1280411
- Build date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 17:52:29 +0000
- Product Code: XEF
- PDA: N7100XXUFND3
- CSC: N7100OXAFND3
- MODEM: N7100XXUFND3
If you can't wait for the OTA to roll out to your international variant, these are the basic steps to getting it right away.
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file to your Windows PC
- Download Odin v3.09
- Extract the Odin zip and open Odin
- Reboot phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home + Power + Volume Down buttons
- Connect phone to PC and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add the firmware file to the AP/PDA section
- Make sure re-partition is not ticked
- Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes
The process will take about eight minutes, and another five or so for the first reboot. Afterwards, if you notice that some of your apps are missing, wait a few more minutes, or reboot your device.
If you're not interested in going the manual route, an over-the-air update should hit your international Note 2 in the next few days to a week, as staged rollouts have become standard practice.
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions, increase security when browsing on public networks, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out: