After leaks and rollouts from rival carriers, AT&T has finally released their official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Galaxy Note 3.
If you haven't received your update notification, force a manual check by going to Settings -> More -> About Device -> Software Update -> Check for Updates. Make sure you're connected to Wifi and have at least 50% battery remaining. This update includes:
- Improved user interface: Re-styled status and navigation bars, full-screen-immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, and smarter power use.
- Default messaging app: Ability to choose a default messaging app when multiple messaging services are installed.
- Improved GPS performance: Well, improved GPS performance!
- Enhanced music access: Full screen album art and media controls on the lockscreen.
- Camera access: Camera shortcut on the lockscreen.
- Location menu: Enables users to easily activate GPS and share location details.
- Wireless printing: Support for wireless printing in enhanced settings.
- New sound controls: Custom sounds for apps in enhanced settings.
Thanks zzoinks and stevieaveon for the screenshots
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions, increase security when browsing on public networks, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
Sigh............as a Verizon customer I am still waiting for the roll out.
Yes, unfortunately, Verizon is just about always the last at the party.
Share Your Thoughts